- Serve as the primary content updater for the expansive Friends of Acadia website. Work with the various departments to keep text, forms, images, videos and items such as calendars and news releases current and fresh. Work with the Communications team to create additional online resources to better connect members, visitors, and national and global audiences, with the natural and cultural assets, history, scientific capability, artistic legacy, and conservation heritage of Acadia and its surrounding communities and Friends of Acadia’s three-decades of work to preserve and protect fragile resources.
- Design, post and optimize for broad distribution to other platforms digital material on what to expect when visiting, and how to be a resource-sensitive visitor, including Leave No Trace Principles and implementation of the evolving Acadia Transportation Plan.
- Design, post and optimize materials that strength FOA’s philanthropic stewardship and support strategic initiatives such as Wild Acadia, Tomorrow’s Stewards, Acadia Experience, and Carriage Roads and Trails.
- Review existing web pages and optimize future materials to improve overall SEO scores.
- Assist when necessary with posting on FOA’s Social Media channels including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo.
- Work with the Admin, Development, Programs and Communications departments to design, create and produce eye-catching print, digital and online materials including invitations, posters, flyers, logos, graphics, and brochures with which share FOA’s core message, engage a broad audience in the FOA mission, and raise public awareness of FOA and its work.
- Track results and generate statistics and regular reports on the effectiveness of FOA communications.
- Work as team member on other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a strong sense for visual design and be proficient with WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher, or equivalent software. Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge a plus.
This position requires the ability to work both collaboratively and independently, the ability to meet deadlines, strong judgement skills, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
Applicants must have at least two years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
The Web and Design Associate position is a salaried, year-round, benefits-eligible, 32-hours per week position. Reports to the Communications Director. FOA offers a competitive compensation package and a positive work environment, values diversity in the workplace, and does not discriminate in any way in its hiring decisions. Friends of Acadia
Please email a cover letter, resume, and links to pertinent web pages and your online design portfolio saved as PDFs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note Communications Web and Design Associate Search Committee in the subject line.
Deadline: October 22, 2018
Friends of Acadia is an independent nonprofit organization, founded in 1986. Its mission is to preserve, protect, and promote stewardship of the outstanding natural beauty, ecological vitality and distinctive cultural resources of Acadia National Park and the surrounding communities for the inspiration and enjoyment of current and future generations. We accomplish this mission through a combination of philanthropy, volunteerism, advocacy, and program innovation, thanks to a dedicated staff and board, and the support of thousands of members and volunteers.