Friends of Acadia is looking for a motivated individual to fill an upcoming opening on our Development Team.
Position is now filled
Development Officer for Annual Programs
Friends of Acadia
Bar Harbor, Maine
Friends of Acadia seeks an experienced, motivated, and creative development professional to manage the membership and annual fund campaigns along with grant writing and reporting to foundations and corporations. Significant data management and manipulation, volunteer supervision, personal solicitation, research, and writing is required for this position. Experience with segmenting mailing lists, A/B testing, data tracking and analysis is desired. A love of Acadia and an understanding of conservation makes candidates for this position most competitive.
• Manages the membership and annual fund campaigns including direct mailings, e-mails, and social media postings; writes solicitation letters, brochures, inserts, and gift acknowledgements;
collaborates extensively with the communications department.
• Coordinates business support including business memberships and sponsorships; convenes
business advisors for program development; ensures that Business Members receive appropriate
benefits and recognition.
• Manages the summer Membership Table program, office volunteers, and other volunteer groups and activities, ensuring volunteers are well trained, recognized, and equipped for success.
• Researches grant making foundations and corporations; coordinates grant application and
reporting deadlines; writes grant proposals and stewardship reports.
• Works proficiently in Raisers’ Edge donor database including data entry, retrievals, and reports.
• Oversees management of donor files with assistance of volunteers.
• Serves as an active member of the development staff, open and eager to develop new fundraising strategies.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
The above responsibilities will require a motivated individual to bring a combination of the following:
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; a compelling storyteller
• Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects
• Ability to interact with public in a courteous and professional manner
• Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to lift 20 pounds
• Strong judgement, sense of humor, ability to work well under pressure
The Development Officer for Annual Programs is a salaried, year-round position with the need for occasional weekend and evening work. FOA offers a competitive compensation package and a positive work environment, values diversity in the workplace, and does not discriminate in any way in its hiring decisions.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume by November 25 to:
Search Committee – Development Officer
Friends of Acadia
PO Box 45
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Electronic applications are encouraged; please email the above written materials saved as a PDF to email@example.com and note Development Officer Search Committee in your subject line.
Friends of Acadia is an independent nonprofit organization, founded in 1986. Its mission is to preserve, protect, and promote stewardship of the outstanding natural beauty, ecological vitality and distinctive cultural resources of Acadia National Park and the surrounding communities for the inspiration and enjoyment of current and future generations. We accomplish this mission through a combination of philanthropy, volunteerism, advocacy, and program innovation, thanks to a dedicated staff and board, and the support of thousands of members and volunteers. Since 1986, Friends of Acadia has granted more than $30 million for park and community conservation.