Administrative Assistant Position
November 19th, 2021
November 19th, 2021
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Bar Harbor, Maine
Application Period: 11/19/2021 – 12/17/2021
Friends of Acadia is accepting applications for a full-time (32 hours per week) administrative assistant.
Administration- 50% of work duties
1. Assist CEO and VP of Finance & Administration
2. Be the primary contact for the Board of Directors for email, letters, scheduling meetings, meeting details
3. Prepare packets for quarterly Board of Directors and other Committee meetings
4. Annual distribution and collection of conflict of interest forms
5. Assist with scanning files as we convert to an office environment that uses less paper
6. Help answering phones
7. Take meeting minutes at Board of Directors meetings, and other Committee meetings
8. Manage the details of the Annual Meeting of the FOA Membership (develop agendas, scheduling meeting space, hiring catering)
9. Assist with Information Technology initiatives.
Human Resources – 30% of work duties
1. Maintain employee policies and Standard Operating Procedures
2. Prepare employment offer letters
3. Assist in the coordination of benefits for staff (health, and dental insurance, retirement plan)
4. Track vacation time for FOA staff
5. Coordinate annual review process
6. Assist in the process of hiring and onboarding new staff
7. Assist with seasonal staff orientation, and assist new staff in the completion of employment paperwork
Accounting – 15% of work duties
1. Assist in creation and updating of spreadsheets used for reconciliation of various accounts
2. Assist where needed during annual audit
3. Assist with the completion of annual charitable solicitation licensing
Other- 5% of work duties
1. Assist Development department as needed
2. Bank Deposits
3. Pick up mail
4. Other duties as assigned
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Experience with taking meeting minutes
· Advanced level of comfort and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Experience with Adobe Acrobat
· Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about Acadia National Park
· Possess strong work ethic and ability to work independently and as a team.
· Patience, confidence, and a sense of humor.
· Familiarity with Blackbaud software is a plus
· Experience working for a nonprofit organization is a plus
Salary/Wages: Up to $45,000, commensurate with experience
Pay period: Every two weeks
Benefits: Health, dental, and life insurance, paid time off, sick time, retirement plan with employer match
Work Environment: Nearly all of the work is performed indoors
The Administrative Assistant position is a salaried, full-time, year-round position. The successful applicant will report directly to the VP of Finance and Administration. FOA offers competitive compensation, a positive work environment, and does not discriminate in any way in its hiring decisions.
Application Deadline: December 17, 2021. E-mail cover letter, resume, and references in one PDF document to Employment@friendsofacadia.org.
Download PDF of job description.
Friends of Acadia is an independent nonprofit organization founded in 1986. Friends of Acadia preserves, protects, and promotes stewardship of the outstanding natural beauty, ecological vitality, and distinctive cultural resources of Acadia National Park and surrounding communities for the inspiration and enjoyment of current and future generations.