Acadia Quest is a series of outdoor experiences in Acadia National Park that encourage youth to explore, learn, and protect national parks and other conserved lands and waters. Challenges will appeal to all ages. In addition, a Speed Quest is designed for visitors who are in Acadia for as little as one day. The program is free and open to all, but you will need a park pass to participate.
How it Works
1. Form your Team: Families, friends, relatives, or mentors create a team. Teams must include one child under the age of 18 and one adult over 18 years of age.
2. Register your Team: Registration is not required for teams to quest. If you would like your team to be eligible for prizes, please register below. Teams can register for the 2021 season through November 15.
3. Download the Acadia Quest App or Packet:
Download the free Acadia Quest app to explore interactive content and to collect digital badges in Acadia National Park! Search for “Friends of Acadia” in the app store on your iOS or Android mobile device. Browse the app on your desktop. You may also download the paper packet below. Paper packets will not be available for pick-up at visitor centers in 2021 due to COVID-19. Stay safe out on the trails and enjoy.
Acadia Quest Packet 2021 coming soon!
4. Get your Park Pass: You will need an Acadia National Park Pass or the National Park Pass to participate in Acadia Quest. Debuted for Acadia’s second century, visitors can now purchase their park pass online. You many also pick up a park pass at the locations above.
5. Document your Quest: Complete and track activities in Acadia National Park as indicated on the Quest Card to qualify for prizes. For the full Acadia Quest, teams complete and share documentation of 6 activities to be eligible for a park pass, Acadia Quest patches, and an outdoor gear raffle. For the Speed Quest, teams complete and share documentation of 3 activities to be eligible for patches.
6. Share on Social Media: Share your team’s Acadia Quest adventures with us via email or social media on Facebook and Instagram @FriendsofAcadia. Tag photos using #AcadiaQuest. Your team might be featured in the next year’s digital app!
7. Get Prizes: Acadia Quest ends on November 15. All registration forms and documentation must be entered via mail or email at that time to be eligible for prizes. Prizes are sent to teams after the deadline.
Questions about Acadia Quest? Contact us at email@example.com or 207-288-3340
Acadia Quest Registration
Karen, Team Madeline’s Jr. Ranger
We loved adding the Acadia quest to our vacation trip to the park! Our 5-year-old did great on the hikes, and it was fun exploring new trails.
Jody & Cate Brown, Team Brown-Party of 2
We used the new app and it worked like a charm after that though! We’re looking forward to next year. Thanks again for another great Quest!!
Team FireWOOD had the BEST time ever completing the Acadia Quest and exploring Acadia National Park! We have 3 boys, 12, 9 and 4 and it was such a fun, active, beautiful experience for all of us.
Team BB-8 and Old Aim
This was our first year doing the quest and we loved it. We took other family members with us to some locations that were friendlier for a five-year-old, and we learned so much. We also were so inspired by the Quest, that our son decided to hike all the named peaks of Acadia a COVID goal!