Wild Acadia Resources
General Resource Information about Acadia
- The National Park Service’s Integrated Resource Management Applications Portal provides a searchable database of abstracts and publications concerning natural resource issues in Acadia.
- Acadia National Park’s website includes information and some species lists on the plants, fungi, and wildlife found in the park.
Information on Climate Change
- The National Park Service’s Climate Change Response Team prepared a report on future climate scenarios at Acadia.
- Fisichelli et al (2015) predict that Acadia could see visitation at Acadia increase by as much as 40% over the next 40 years.
- University of Maine’s Climate Change Institute for research, information, and reports on climate change in Maine.
- NASA’s Climate Change and Global Warming website for news, photographs, and more.
- The Maine Climate Council published Maine Won’t Wait: A Four-Year Plan for Climate Action in December 2020. The plan includes strategies to achieve four goals for the state, including reducing Maine’s greenhouse gas emissions, avoiding the impacts and costs of inaction, fostering economic impact and prosperity, and advancing equity through Maine’s climate response.
Information on Ecosystem Resiliency
- Miller-Rushing, Abraham J., Brian Henkel, and Rebecca Cole-Will. 2020. A partnership-based, whole-watershed approach to climate adaptation in Acadia National Park. Parks Stewardship Forum 36(1): 89–97. https://escholarship.org/uc/psf