Acadia Quest is a series of outdoor experiences in Acadia National Park that encourage youth to explore, learn, and protect national parks and other conserved lands and waters. This year, we celebrate the 11th anniversary of Acadia Quest with the Path Makers edition. Challenges will appeal to all ages. In addition, a Speed Quest is designed for visitors who are in Acadia for as little as one day. The program is free and open to all, but you will need a park pass to participate.
How it Works
1. Form your Team: Families, friends, relatives, or mentors create a team. Teams must include one child under the age of 18 and one adult over 18 years of age.
2. Register your Team:
Registration is not required for teams to quest. If you would like your team to be eligible for prizes, please register below. Teams can register for the 2019 season through November 15.
3. Get your Quest Card: Friends of Acadia provides teams with a paper packet, which can be downloaded now. You may also pick up an Acadia Quest packet at the following visitor centers in Bar Harbor, which are open daily through mid-October:
2018 Acadia Quest packet (2019 packets will be available in late April)
- Hulls Cove Visitor Center
- Thompson Island Information Center
- Village Green Information Center
The digital version of Acadia Quest is under construction with a new app developer and will be available next season, launching in April 2019 during National Park Week.
4. Get your Park Pass: You will need an Acadia National Park Pass or the National Park Pass to participate in Acadia Quest. Debuted for Acadia’s second century, visitors can now purchase their park pass online. You many also pick up a park pass at the locations above.
5. Document your Quest: Complete and track activities in Acadia National Park as indicated on the Quest Card to qualify for prizes. For the full Acadia Quest, teams must complete 6 activities to be eligible for a park pass, Acadia Quest patches, and an outdoor gear raffle. For the Speed Quest, teams must complete 3 activities to be eligible for patches.
6.Share on Social Media: Share your team’s Acadia Quest adventures on Facebook and Instagram @FriendsofAcadia. Tag photos using #AcadiaQuest.
7. Get Prizes: Acadia Quest ends on November 15. All registration forms and documentation must be entered via mail or email at that time to be eligible for prizes. Prizes are sent to teams after the deadline.
Questions about Acadia Quest? Contact us at email@example.com or 207-288-3340