Acadia Quest is a series of outdoor experiences in Acadia National Park that encourage youth to explore, learn, and protect national parks and other conserved lands and waters. This year, we celebrate the 11th anniversary of Acadia Quest with the Path Makers edition. Challenges will appeal to all ages. In addition, a Speed Quest is designed for visitors who are in Acadia for as little as one day. The program is free and open to all, but you will need a park pass to participate.
How it Works
1. Form your Team: Families, friends, relatives, or mentors create a team. Teams must include one child under the age of 18 and one adult over 18 years of age.
2. Register your Team:
Registration is not required for teams to quest. If you would like your team to be eligible for prizes, please register below. Teams can register for the 2019 season through November 15.
Paper: Ready to quest? Download the Acadia Quest packet below. You may also pick up an Acadia Quest packet at the following visitor centers in Bar Harbor, which are open daily through mid-October:
- Hulls Cove Visitor Center
- Thompson Island Information Center
- Village Green Information Center
Digital: Download the new Acadia Quest app to explore interactive content and to collect digital badges in Acadia National Park! Search for “Friends of Acadia” or “Acadia Quest” in the app store on your iOS or Android mobile device. Browse the app on your desktop at www.friendsofacadia.oncell.com
4. Get your Park Pass: You will need an Acadia National Park Pass or the National Park Pass to participate in Acadia Quest. Debuted for Acadia’s second century, visitors can now purchase their park pass online. You many also pick up a park pass at the locations above.
5. Document your Quest: Complete and track activities in Acadia National Park as indicated on the Quest Card to qualify for prizes. For the full Acadia Quest, teams complete and share documentation of 6 activities to be eligible for a park pass, Acadia Quest patches, and an outdoor gear raffle. For the Speed Quest, teams complete and share documentation of 3 activities to be eligible for patches.
6. Share on Social Media: Share your team’s Acadia Quest adventures with us via email or social media on Facebook and Instagram @FriendsofAcadia. Tag photos using #AcadiaQuest. Your team might be featured in the next year’s digital app!
7. Get Prizes: Acadia Quest ends on November 15. All registration forms and documentation must be entered via mail or email at that time to be eligible for prizes. Prizes are sent to teams after the deadline.
Questions about Acadia Quest? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-288-3340