Planned Trail and Carriage Road Work Locations for Volunteers
Drop-in volunteer projects are organized for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, the first week of June through mid-October. All are welcome—no experience or reservations required!
- Meet at 8:15 a.m. at the flagpole at Park Headquarters (HQ) unless another meeting place is indicated
- Work projects usually end by 12:30 p.m.
- Please bring insect repellent, water, lunch, and work gloves
- A partnership between Acadia National Park and Friends of Acadia
- All projects are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather
|DAY & DATE||MEETING PLACE||WORK & LOCATION||COMMENTS|
|Saturday, September 24 National Public Lands Day||HQ||Brush removal at Blackwoods Campground. Illegal trail deconstruction on McFarland Hill. Jordan Pond bogwalk cleanup. Jesup Path culvert re-graveling.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Jeff Tucker, Dianna McKeage, Appalachian Mountain Club Leader(s), and TBD.|
|Tuesday, September 27||HQ||Bogwalk construction on Jordan Pond. Brushing the Dorr North Ridge Trail. Fence staining and deer fence installation at the Wild Gardens. *Weather dependent.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Randy Ewins, Bob Sanderson, and Donna Reis.|
|Thursday, September 29||HQ||Bogwalk construction on Jordan Pond. Long-Day brushing project on the Sargent South Ridge Trail. Bogwalk stapling and review in various locations.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Bob Sanderson, Bob Hartley, and Doug Heden.|
|Sunday, October 2||HQ||Cleanup at Sewall Campground: cleaning fire pits, raking sites, trash pick-up, and brushing.||Easy to moderate work. Leaders: Paige Steele, Jeff Tucker, Dana Petersen, and Dianna McKeage.|
For more information, please contact:
- Dana Petersen & Jeff Tucker, Stewardship Coordinators: 207-288-3934
- Dianna McKeage, Acadia National Park Volunteer Coordinator: 207-288-8716
- Friends of Acadia Main Office: 207-288-3340