Planned Trail and Carriage Road Work Locations for Volunteers
Drop-in volunteer projects are organized for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, the first week of June through mid-October. All are welcome—no experience or reservations required!
- Meet at 8:15 a.m. at the flagpole at Park Headquarters (HQ)
- Work projects usually end between 12:00-12:15 p.m.
- Please bring insect repellent, water, lunch, and work gloves
- Program is a partnership between Acadia National Park and Friends of Acadia
- All projects are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather
|DAY & DATE||
8:20am at flagpole at Park HQ unless noted
|WORK & LOCATION||COMMENTS|
|Tuesday, August 20||
||Carriage Road Flossing 10 to 12, Brushing on Bar Island Trail, Bogwalk Construction on Jordan Pond Path||
Easy to Strenuous Work
Leaders: Barb Nealon, Betsy Roberts, Randy Ewins
|Thursday, August 22||
||Bogwalk construction on Jordan Pond Path, Carriage Road Flossing 10 – 12, Brushing Compass Harbor Trail||
Easy to Strenuous work.
Leaders:, Don Bell, Sam Bulger, Bob Sanderson
|Saturday, August 24||
||Carriage Road Work||Leader: Sean|
For more information, please contact:
- FOA Field Office: 207-288-3934
- Dianna McKeage, Acadia National Park Volunteer Coordinator: 207-288-8716
- Friends of Acadia Main Office: 207-288-3340