Planned Trail and Carriage Road Work Locations for Volunteers
Drop-in volunteer projects are organized for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, the first week of June through mid-October. All are welcome—no experience or reservations required!
- Meet at 8:15 a.m. at the flagpole at Park Headquarters (HQ) unless another meeting place is indicated
- Work projects usually end by 12:30 p.m.
- Please bring insect repellent, water, lunch, and work gloves
- A partnership between Acadia National Park and Friends of Acadia
- All projects are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather
|DAY & DATE||MEETING PLACE||WORK & LOCATION||COMMENTS|
|Saturday, July 23||HQ||Brushing on the Northeast Harbor Trails.||Easy to moderate work. Leader: Jeff Tucker.|
|Tuesday, July 26||HQ||Bogwalk construction on Jordan Pond. Drainage work on Lurvey Spring Road. Brushing on Norumbega Mtn. Flossing on carriage roads between 19-12.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Randy Ewins, Sam Bulger, Barb Nealon, and Will Durkin.|
|Thursday, July 28||HQ||Bogwalk construction on Jordan Pond. Drainage work on Kebo Brook Trail. Mowing on Jesup Path. Brushing on West Ledge Trail.||Easy to very strenuous work. Leaders: Mike Hays, Betsy Roberts, Bob Sanderson, Dana Petersen.|
|Saturday, July 30||HQ||Brushing on Cadillac Mountain Summit, Cadillac South Ridge Trail.||Easy to moderate work. Leader: Jeff Tucker.|
For more information, please contact:
- Dana Petersen & Jeff Tucker, Stewardship Coordinators: 207-288-3934
- Dianna McKeage, Acadia National Park Volunteer Coordinator: 207-288-8716
- Friends of Acadia Main Office: 207-288-3340