Planned Trail and Carriage Road Work Locations for Volunteers
Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 8:20 a.m. to 1 p.m., June through mid-October
- Please bring insect repellent, water, lunch, and work gloves.
- As locations are subject to change, it is best to confirm mid-week meeting places by calling 288-3934 between 7:30 and 8 a.m. on the day in question.
- A partnership between Acadia National Park and Friends of Acadia.
|DAY AND DATE||MEETING PLACE 8:20 a.m. at park HQ flagpole unless noted||WORK AND LOCATION||COMMENTS|
|Saturday, September 13||
|Trail or Carriage Road work, the exact type and location to be determined by current needs of the park and the interests and skills of those present. Shoreline Cleanup on Schoodic Island.||Easy to moderate work. Leader: Anna Adams or Jeanne Kannegieser, ANP Staff.|
|Tuesday, September 16||
|Brushing on the Asticou Trail. Vista clearing at ’47 Fire Overlook. Clearing drainage on carriage roads between intersections 1 & 3.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Anna Adams, Jeanne Kannegieser, Betsy Roberts, Roger Thompson, ANP Staff.|
|Thursday, September 18||
|Clearing carriage road drainage from intersection 20 to 22 (south). Vista clearing somewhere on the Motor Roads. Removing invasive buckthorn along JAX border near Sieur de Monts. Brushing & weeding around Park HQ. Ditch ‘n’ fill on the Asticou Trail.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Anna Adams, Jeanne Kannegieser, Jenn Brandt, Don Bell, ANP Staff. Group: Vermont Commons School.|
|Saturday, September 20||
|Trail or Carriage Road work, the exact type and location to be determined by current needs of the park and the interests and skills of those present.||Easy to moderate work. Leader: Jeanne Kannegieser.|
For more information, please contact:
- FOA Field Office….207-288-3934
- Jonathan Gormley, ANP Volunteer Coordinator….207-288-8716
- FOA Main Office….207-288-3340