Planned Trail and Carriage Road Work Locations for Volunteers
Drop-in volunteer projects are organized for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, the first week of June through mid-October. All are welcome—no experience or reservations required!
- Meet at 8:15 a.m. at the flagpole at Park Headquarters (HQ)
- Work projects usually end between 12:00-12:15 p.m.
- Please bring insect repellent, water, lunch, and work gloves
- Program is a partnership between Acadia National Park and Friends of Acadia
- All projects are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather
|DAY & DATE||MEETING PLACE||WORK & LOCATION||COMMENTS|
|Tuesday, October 23rd||HQ||Witch Hole Drainage, Brushing Bernard W. Ledge Trail||
Easy to Strenuous Work
Leaders: Betsy Roberts, Mike and Joey
Thursday, October 25th
|Corridor 13 to 18, Drainage on Schooner Head Path||
Easy to Strenuous work.
Leaders: Doug Heden, Cliff Olson
|Tuesday, October 30th||HQ||Drainage on Stratheden Path||
*Trick or Trails: Zombie Leaf Round Up*
Leader: Doug Heden
|Saturday, November 3rd||HQ||TAKE PRIDE IN ACADIA DAY||
Leaders: All Hands on Deck
For more information, please contact:
- Dana Petersen, Stewardship Coordinator: 207-288-3934
- Dianna McKeage, Acadia National Park Volunteer Coordinator: 207-288-8716
- Friends of Acadia Main Office: 207-288-3340