Planned Trail and Carriage Road Work Locations for Volunteers
Drop-in volunteer projects are organized for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, the first week of June through mid-October. All are welcome—no experience or reservations required!
- Meet at 8:15 a.m. at the flagpole at Park Headquarters (HQ)
- Work projects usually end between 12:00-12:15 p.m.
- Please bring insect repellent, water, lunch, and work gloves
- Program is a partnership between Acadia National Park and Friends of Acadia
- All projects are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather
|DAY & DATE||MEETING PLACE||WORK & LOCATION||COMMENTS|
|Saturday, September 15th||HQ||Graveling and Reveg on Bubble and Jordan Ponds Path||Leader: Laurie Cale|
Tuesday, September 18th
|Carriage Road Vistas, Brushing St. Sauveur, Bogwalk Construction on Jordan Pond Path||
Easy to Strenuous Work
Leaders: Cliff Olson, Bruce Denny-Brown, Randy Ewins
|Thursday, September 20th||HQ||Carriage Road Vistas, Brushing the South Ridge of Sargent, Bogwalk Construction on Jordan Pond||
Easy to Strenuous work.
Leaders: David Opdyke, Bill McArtor, Bob Sanderson
|Saturday, September 22nd||HQ||Carriage Road Work TBD||
Easy to Moderate Work
Leader: Dana Petersen
For more information, please contact:
- Dana Petersen, Stewardship Coordinator: 207-288-3934
- Dianna McKeage, Acadia National Park Volunteer Coordinator: 207-288-8716
- Friends of Acadia Main Office: 207-288-3340