Planned Trail and Carriage Road Work Locations for Volunteers
Drop-in volunteer projects are organized for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, the first week of June through mid-October. All are welcome—no experience or reservations required!
- Meet at 8:15 a.m. at the flagpole at Park Headquarters (HQ)
- Work projects usually end between 12:00-12:15 p.m.
- Please bring insect repellent, water, lunch, and work gloves
- Program is a partnership between Acadia National Park and Friends of Acadia
- All projects are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather
|DAY & DATE||MEETING PLACE||WORK & LOCATION||COMMENTS|
|Saturday, July 14th||NO PROJECT! FLAMINGO FESTIVAL PARADE IN SOUTHWEST HARBOR||NO PROJECT! FLAMINGO FESTIVAL PARADE IN SOUTHWEST HARBOR||NO PROJECT! FLAMINGO FESTIVAL PARADE IN SOUTHWEST HARBOR|
Tuesday, July 17th
|Brushing the Hemlock Trail, Back drain clearing near Amphitheater Carriage Roads, Bogwalk Construction on Jordan Pond Path, Carriage Road Drainage from 8 towards 7, Log Peeling.||Easy to Strenuous Work
Leaders: Mike Hays, Betsy Roberts, Randy Ewins, Bill McArtor, and Mark Munsell.
|Thursday, July 19th||HQ||Brushing on Acadia Mountain, Back drain clearing near Amphitheater Carriage Roads, Bogwalk Construction on Jordan Pond, Carriage Road Drainage TBD.||Easy to Strenuous work.
Leaders: Bill McArtor, Sam Bulger, Bob Sanderson, Mike and Joey Engling.
|Saturday, July 21st||HQ||Carriage Road Work TBD||
Leader: Jeff Tucker
For more information, please contact:
- Dana Petersen, Stewardship Coordinator: 207-288-3934
- Dianna McKeage, Acadia National Park Volunteer Coordinator: 207-288-8716
- Friends of Acadia Main Office: 207-288-3340