Planned Trail and Carriage Road Work Locations for Volunteers
Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 8:20 a.m. to 1 p.m., June through mid-October
- Please bring insect repellent, water, lunch, and work gloves.
- As locations are subject to change, it is best to confirm mid-week meeting places by calling 288-3934 between 7:30 and 8 a.m. on the day in question.
- A partnership between Acadia National Park and Friends of Acadia.
|DAY AND DATE||MEETING PLACE 8:20 a.m. at park HQ flagpole unless noted||WORK AND LOCATION||COMMENTS|
|Tuesday, September 30||
|Trail work of various types on Asticou Trail. Vista clearing at Schooner Head. Carriage road work between posts 20 & 22. Shed construction.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Anna Adams, Jeanne Kannegieser, Doug Heden, Bob Sanderson, ANP Staff.|
|Thursday, October 2||
|Brushing the Asticou Trail. Removing invasive buckthorn along JAX border near Sieur de Monts. Carriage road work between posts 3 & 1. Shed construction.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Anna Adams, Jeanne Kannegieser, JJenn Brandt, Donna Reis, ANP Staff.|
|Saturday, October 4||
|Trail or carriage road work, the exact type and location to be determined by current needs of the park and the interests and skills of those present.||Easy to moderate work. Leader: Jeanne Kannegieser.|
For more information, please contact:
- FOA Field Office….207-288-3934
- Jonathan Gormley, ANP Volunteer Coordinator….207-288-8716
- FOA Main Office….207-288-3340