Planned Trail and Carriage Road Work Locations for Volunteers
Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 8:20 a.m. to 1 p.m., June through mid-October
- Please bring insect repellent, water, lunch, and work gloves.
- As locations are subject to change, it is best to confirm mid-week meeting places by calling 288-3934 between 7:30 and 8 a.m. on the day in question.
- A partnership between Acadia National Park and Friends of Acadia.
|DAY AND DATE||MEETING PLACE 8:20 a.m. at park HQ flagpole unless noted||WORK AND LOCATION||COMMENTS|
|Tuesday, September 2||
|Trail work of various types on the Asticou Trail. Vista clearing on Carriage Roads Brushing between Sand Beach and Otter Point.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Anna Adams, Jeanne Kannegieser, Donna Reis, Roger Thompson, ANP Staff.|
|Thursday, September 4||
|Clearing Carriage Road drainage from intersection 25 to 23 to 15. Vista clearing on Carriage Roads. Removing invasive buckthorn along JAX border near Sieur de Monts. Tool Shed Tidy-Up. Brushing & weeding around Park HQ.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Anna Adams, Jeanne Kannegieser, Jenn Brandt, Donna Reis, ANP Staff.|
|Saturday, September 6||
|Trail or Carriage Road work, the exact type and location to be determined by current needs of the park and the interests and skills of those present.||Easy to moderate work. Leader: Anna Adams or Jeanne Kannegieser.|
For more information, please contact:
- FOA Field Office….207-288-3934
- Jonathan Gormley, ANP Volunteer Coordinator….207-288-8716
- FOA Main Office….207-288-3340