Planned Trail and Carriage Road Work Locations for Volunteers
Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 8:20 a.m. to 1 p.m., June through mid-October
- Please bring insect repellent, water, lunch, and work gloves.
- As locations are subject to change, it is best to confirm mid-week meeting places by calling 288-3934 between 7:30 and 8 a.m. on the day in question.
- A partnership between Acadia National Park and Friends of Acadia.
|DAY AND DATE||MEETING PLACE 8:20 a.m. at park HQ flagpole unless noted||WORK AND LOCATION||COMMENTS|
|Tuesday, October 21||
|Brushing and trail work of various types on Jordan Stream Trail. Carriage road work between posts 17 & 7. Shed painting and construction. Vista clearing at Schooner Head Overlook.||Easy to moderate work. Leaders: Jeanne Kannegieser, Randy Ewins, Betsy Roberts, Bob Sanderson, Stephanie Clement, Paige Steele. Groups: Morgan/Stanley and Coston/McIsaac.|
|Thursday, October 23||
|Brushing north end of Jordan Pond. Flossing Waterfall and Hemlock Bridges. Possible shed painting and construction.||Easy to strenuous work. Leaders: Mike Hays, Jenn Brandt, Bob Sanderson.|
|Saturday, October 25||
|Carriage road work, the exact type and location to be determined by current needs of the park and the interests and skills of those present.||Easy to moderate work. Leader: Jeanne Kannegieser.|
For more information, please contact:
- FOA Field Office….207-288-3934
- Jonathan Gormley, ANP Volunteer Coordinator….207-288-8716
- FOA Main Office….207-288-3340